|
Exam Stress...Exam Pressure....
posted : Wednesday, July 04, 2007
(This was written on 28/6)
Chill...I am not overly stressed or has cracked down under exam pressure. The topic is simply because I suddenly remembered a small piece of card which my Geography teacher gave me in Form 3...before PMB I think. It is a small piece of card, with small words "exam stress" and "exam pressure" printed all over the card. Well, I still cant figure out the meaning of the card, which is supposed to serve a purpose of encouragement, but now I couldnt help but laugh out at my act of bringing the card in my pocket into every single exam after that, as I treat it as a lucky charm. Funny how things that use to be so logical during those times have became something for me to laugh about. Havent blog for ages....the last time was during the beginning of holidays and I was feeling very slack and bored...then went back home for holidays and didnt blog, came back here and rushed to prepare for exam. Haizz..sad life. Even holidays also have to prepare for exams. I like to begin a new post (when I havent blogged for some time) by updating ppl on what has happened: AVA Camp, the event that held me back and prevented me from going home early, was unsucessfully held on 4th to 6th June. Unsucessful, firstly the schedule was all messed up due to the fact that the technicians came to teach us how to use the new Apple computers and the video editing software on the first day of the camp instead of the third day and thus instead of rescheduling the programs, the exco simply din bother and allowed the events to carry on whenever they wish. Secondly, the camp wasnt even properly planned to begin with. I was only too happy to go back to the hostel at the night of the 5th to pack. Heh heh. Then there was my birthday on the 6th June...officially turned 18! Yeah! So what happened was that my friends in the hostel helped me celebrate...coz they jnew I was going back the next day so they celebrated it the night before...Thanks to Shean, Alice, Kevin Lee, Billy, Michelle, Chia Wei, Xin Lin, Ming Fatt, Peng Soon for the delicious baked mashed potato (or wateva it is). And Ying Ying, Peng Soon, JiaXiang, Stella, Bridget, Kah Hou, Hui Kee, Alice, Valerie, Geok Yin, Sieng Yen, Pik Wen, Susan, Mei Lin, Yew for SMS and phone birthday wishes, Zachary for setting me on a trip around the net as a "birthday game" and the e-card, Peng Soon, Stella, Susan, Kah Hou, Kevin Chan, Nikhil, Nayan, Mun Hon, Yew for birthday presents and what else ah? Hehe nothing much. Just felt that listing like this is fun. Oh yea..and friendster birthday wishes from Xavier (whoever he is), Millie, Jade, JiaYing, PohXuan, Susan, JoWen and Stella. Thanks thanks =). Anyway the highlight of my birthday was that I flew back home!And guess wat...I fell sick the first day I went home, i.e. on my birthday itself =S...I din sleep well during the camp and somemore I got thrown into the hostel pool at around 1.30am in the morning...freaking cold water and in the end I caught a cold. But healed in two days hehe. Coz got home food and all mah. Hehe. Anyway the sad thing about going back is that I din get to meet everyone...Din get to meet sieng yen, jiaying, beeting, geok yin and all...And my first outing wif them was about 4 days before I came back...coz they were all having exams. So I tried to take the opportunity to study for my own exams which of course didnt go very well due to limited resources and of course distractions. Yea anyway outing wif friends was quite enjoyable...firstly went out wif jiaxiang and julius and pik wen...well supposed to be a big group but kena 放飞机 so became 4 people...end up in Swensen's chatting the time away..Julius left early coz he got a prom at nite...his grad nite la...then pik wen and jiaxiang and me went to arcade and sing k-box...haha...then pikwen have to leave too so left me and jiaxiang walking arnd and talking nonsense.. Then there was the outing with SLSSV..missing val though who went back and came back before I even went back. Went to beach for a walk, then got a surprise belated birthday celebration..thanks guys! Sat down, ate the super thick chocolate cake and KH and susan duno go somewhere else, left stella and I clearing up the mess. Then it RAINED. duh...stella and i were running like mad and had to hide somewhere to wait. Apparently the two of them went to somewere that was shaded and couldnt come to save us =S. after that, went to DeFountain for chit chat session in KH's brand new car...missed chatting with them. If not for the time we probably would have chatted for a very long time.. Came back on 20th..very unprepared for exams and started revising the same night...aargh... this time I was even more unprepared than during Block Test 1...din even had time to practise past year papers. Currently...I had just finished 8 out of 11 papers and there was a four day break..since I dun hav paper tmr and add saturday and sunday, and youth day (school holiday) on monday so four day lo. Exams finish on wednesday. Monday was economics...the paper was okay, except as usual have to write like mad la...din finish one small part of a case study question, and one of my essays had no conclusion. Sigh...but this time it is easier to score though...chances are I am still able to get an A, if not, I felt I should be able to get a B at least. The paper was in the afternoon, and by the time I reached hostel I only had one night to rush for Chemistry and Physics Paper 3...both representing the paper withe heaviest weightage...what a nightmare combination. Tuesday morning was Physics Paper 3...I felt that it was the easiest Physics paper I had done in 1 and half year of JC life. If only I had study it properly I would have done very well, I am sure. Then there was Chem Paper 3 in the afternoon, not too difficult but do-able. Then came home, again only one night to rush for Maths Paper I Wednesday was Maths Paper I...quite a disaster. In contrast to Physics, it was the most difficult paper in my 1 and half year of JC life. The first 8 out of the 13 questions were not difficult at all and can be solved quite easily. The rest were quite a disaster. In the end I guess the only chance of me getting an A is to score well in Paper 2, which is purely on Statistics (Paper 1 was Pure Maths) Had a whole afternoon and night to prepare for GP and Chem Papers 1 and 2...slacked a bit..simply dun feel like studying anymore..was really mentally tired after a hectic first three days. More to come... This morning was GP Paper 1....felt super happy when I saw the questions. Just the night before I was telling Beh that if a sports essay came out I would have been very happy and then here I sat on my chair with "Sports is about money. To what extent is this an accurate description of sports today?" were staring up at me. Haha lol. I wrote that essay without thinking...somehow it was a very easy topic for me. Hehe. But Paper 2 was quite a paper to forget too...rushed thru the AQ and once again didnt have conclusion...didnt had time to check either... In the afternoon there was Chem Paper1..MCQ...theoretically shud be do-able but I wasted too much time on the first few questions..resulting in rushing through the last 10 questions...didnt had time to check, and made quite a number of careless mistakes as a result. Followed by Chem Paper 2, which is undoubtedly the easiest among the 3 Chem papers...and most of us had extra time despite only 1 and half hour was given. So Chemistry over, and I guess I should be able to get an A, but unsure whether a high or low A. At the end of the day...everyone was mentally exhausted...4 papers in one day is simply crazy! Some people even develop a headache after the third paper. Crazy timetabling people. Came back hostel, and everybody decided to give themselves a break...before starting again to revise for the last 3 papers..Maths Paper 2 and Physics Paper 1 and 2. Until then... |