The City That Never Sleeps




"Studiday"

posted : Sunday, May 27, 2007
I read the blog of one of the my fellow Saints and found this interesting phrase: Holidays in Singapore (at least for JC2 students) shouldnt be called 'holiday' but 'studiday'.

Well, quite true...yea..I guess everybody had pretty much heard me whining about it so I think I should not continue rambling about it la..

Anyway...back to the main topic...holidays have finally begun..and I really wanted to settle down and start learning something. Gah...I have a bad feeling that things will not progress as I wish. But they had to. I couldnt possibly bring back so many notes and I had to get something done before I go back.

Val went back today..coz her family would be going KL during 3rd week of her hols and her 2nd week is full of remedials. EA wont be going back..but he has booked me for at least a day of studying together before I go back...

Hmm...I can just come up with a list of what to buy before I go back...but on the other hand worrying about my money supply..it had just hit a 2year low recently and I dont want it to go any further before I go back:-
1. Stella's books (will be repaid =) )
2. Susan's birthday present
3. New scientific calculator (I lost mine last year and I have wanted to buy a new one since the beginning of the year but didnt buy yet)
4. A cheap, 2GB memory card for my phone =)
5. Hopefully will be able to get a pair of new shoes

Anyway today was a very busy and slack day...two extremes. First up was the MRL Camp which we all had planned out for the juniors...thankfull it ran quite smooth today. The new executive committee had been chosen and guess what, all 11 juniors got selected for Ex-co by the 3 teachers and also the president and vice president and the rest of us were stunned when the results were announced. 11 ex-cos? Ermm...a bit...crowded. But I guess they will do a good job, we look at their performances during the camp and there were quite a number of quality people in there.

Anyway the camp was the last activity we organized and at the end of the camp, we had unofficially 'retired'...at first felt quite exuberant about it and were in a pretty 'high' mood..coz dun need to do all those work which we all used to do la. But it wasnt long before we started emo-ing...well..like Mun Hon said there is this odd sense of emptiness..I mean, we dun need to have night meetings in the hostel regarding activities, no need to organize and write any more proposals, no need to go through the pain of proposal getting rejected, no need to worry about the response for activities we organized..etc, basically everything we had done for the past year. Well it sure got all of us into an emo mood...and for the rest of the day(night) I wasnt in the mood to do anything at all...Went out to mamak stall wif frens...sat down and chat by the pool..lying down by the pool and watching the night skies while thinking....not even in the mood to shower. (Camp ended at 5pm...it is 2.30am in the morning now and I havent showered yet)..just dun feel like it.

Well changes do take some time to adjust to. It seems like we all are actually missing what we used to do. Well, I cant say we missed the times of frustration with the teacher, each other, but what is more important, like vice-pres Michelle said, "...kind of sad coz we will not be able to work with each other again..." Probably this is the team spirit which we had developed in ths short span of 1 year and each of us have certainly left an impact, whether it is deep or shallow, on each other, and I daresay we would not forget this period. Like Mrs Lim said during assembly yesterday, "I am sure 40 years later you will not remember that your Physics, Chemistry or whatever subject u take, but you will certainly remember your experience in your respective CCAs, given that you put in effort into the CCA, be it the last match you played, or the last dance you performed, or the last activity you organized."Likewise for us. Probably this was one of the reason why we all had the odd sensation - the sense of emptiness earlier. But things will never sop changing and it is about time we get over it and move to another chapter of our lives.

Feels so good typing out this post.

11 days to going home.

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older