The City That Never Sleeps




2 more weeks to...

posted : Monday, May 21, 2007
Whee…it has been a long time since I last blogged. Has been very busy, especially last week which was like crazy lah…5 tests in a space 3 days…ok probably not as hectic as last time when I was back in secondary school…but yea with other things like CCAs it tends to get too much. So probably I wlll spend this week slacking since it is the last week of school and not much homework going around, and start catching up on studies when holidays begin…coz I know I wont be able to concentrate fully when I go back home SOON…haha lolz..but I will try my best. Hehe.

Too many things to say after an almost three-week layoff…so I guess I will only elaborate on the most recent ones of which I have the clearest picture and the rest will be in point form I guess. (ok maybe not really in point form)

(Could be quite mundane so readers may choose not to read)

The week before last week was pretty uneventful…as far as I can remember. Mostly school events…such as sports seasons…SYF Judging…concerts put up by the performing arts CCAs…and also Puzzlemania organized by our very own MRL! K enough of tat. As we stepped into the last weeks of our positions as CCA leaders…we cant help but relish the prospect of the freedom we will have after stepping down. Well..all the best then, juniors.

So moving on to last week…it was a really crazy week. I cannot remember being so unprepared for every single lecture test I had…imagine starting studying at around 9pm when there is a test the next day? But well I managed to scrape through with some good grades..save for Physics which is a D as usual but considering the fact that I didn’t study much…I am sure I could do much better if I studied and practised loh…but that obviously doesn’t mean I should be complacent and it also signals that I have much catching up work to do if I were to achieve what I target for my Block Test 2.

Oh wait…something dramatic last week…imagine what, on Thursday I was being scolded by my PE teacher. Not scolded as a class, but as an individual. o_O..for being late for PE. I am nit saying it is not my fault la…maybe we should have gone to change earlier or something…but it was raining so heavily and the PE classes of another class was cancelled so I was waiting for the PE rep to ask the teacher whether we had PE or not…In the end the answer was yes so I went to change…on my way I met the teacher..(by this time it was supposed to be 15 minutes into lessons) then he ask me why I was late? So I told him I was waiting for his decision loh and hurried off to change..then when I came out and join the rest of the class he apparently look quite angry and started rambling about us not taking PE seriously and SINGLED ME OUT..questioning me of my attitude towards PE and why am I waiting for him to cancel lessons. Gah….I was like so 无辜 lah..he misunderstood me and I kena scolded for no reason. Duh.

Then this week…up to now it has been quite dramatic (somehow I kept on using this word?). Firstly, last weekend was the combined hostel outing with Hwa Chong Boarding School…well maybe ‘combined’ wasn’t a good choice of word…it is just like two hostels happened to have outing to the same place at the same time…there wasn’t any interaction at all and most of the time we are just having fun with our own classmates, who were invited along. First we went for a bum boat ride along Singapore river..haha super fun..coz got a lot of nice scenery…in case u din noe my favourite scenery were something like this..especially night scenery =)



Hehe and on the boat they played some nice songs…yea quite old but nice..songs like There You’ll Be and My Heart Will Go On…enjoyed the ride which would have cost around $12 at normal conditions but we got reimbursement so it was FREE…

Next part (and also last part) of the outing, to the NIGHT SAFARI! Well it is quite nice lah. Get to see some animals but didn’t have time to see the rest since we only ventured into half of the jungle when we noticed that the time is almost up. Had to rush all the way back to the entrance and at one point it looked like we are getting deeper into the jungle but we are actually moving out..hmm..anyway the entrance fee is $20 and we got I for FREE too..hehe.

Anyway the afternoon of the outing my classmates came over..then spent an afternoon with them who are making a farewell present for the PE teacher who was about to leave us for further studies..Okay…they are apparently his mega-fans loh…I don’t think they will put in so much effort for any other teacher. Anyway by their definition the teacher was handsome so you get my point rite. (means they are fond of him and want to be nice towards him la)

Then Sunday morning I saw the PLKN website…My deferment apparently either didn’t reach them or didn’t work…but I was sent to Gopeng, Perak, and I was supposed to report on 16June. My roommate even worse, he was sent to Kelantan. Anyway my Sunday morning was spent on preparing necessary documents to pass to my dad’s friend who will be going back to Brunei today who will pass to my mum who is leaving for Malacca tonite and will help me settle the matter (coincidentally my mum’s relative passed away so she had to go back). So I sorted out the documents and passed them to my dad’s fren..there was one piece of document which I couldn’t find and I thought I passed them to my parents during CNY..so I didn’t really care. Then at nite my mum called me and ask whether I passed them to my dad’s fren..she said she didn’t have them I insisted that I passed her during CNY…after I hung up then I wasn’t feeling rite so I went for another round of searching and I found it! OMG at tat time I was feeling damn bad la…a lot of thoughts crossed my mind and at one point I almost considered keeping the whole thing as a secret..but I just couldn’t. So I decided to go to the airport and passed them to my dad’s fren this morning before rushing to school from airport…I actually dun care being late to school…since I heard from my mum tat he is taking the morning flight…then when I woke up this morning I called him and he is actually SLEEPING…which left me helpless and duno wat to do. Then he called back and said his flight is in the afternoon and he will pick up the document at around 7+am since he will be sending his children to school…GAH wat a relief. But I still felt bad coz my parents were searching for the stupid document last nite and needless to say they didn’t find anything.

I realized I am being quite detailed here…going into the minor details…

Anyway last week was also birthday week…I sang the birthday song four times…then last nite we were celebrating Michelle’s birthday and I was actually thrown into the pool a.k.a bathtub. Another thing which made me feel bad coz I was having fun while my mum had been calling me to ask abt the document and of course I didn’t answer it. Haizz.
Lastly a word of encouragement to all my friends who are taking their AS Level this few weeks…okay maybe not ‘a word’ but a few…GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!! 加油!...And probably I will want to say that to myself too…Until we meet each other then…that wont be too far away isn’t it?

2 weeks left to going home! (and also two weeks nearer to the legal age..haha lolz)

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older