|
Updates!!
posted : Saturday, March 24, 2007
I realised my last post was on 7 March2007, one day after tremors was felt in Singapore. After that basically nothing much happened except my Block Test 1. So, I shall start by updating on what happened before the exam week. (You can see that I am still in exam mood since I started in a GP essay style =p)
Hmm...actually I can vividly remember what happened. Oh yea, I had my H3 Chemistry Test, which didnt go quite well, since, so I shall not discuss about it. Then I did AVA duty for my school's orientation again for the new JC1s which I can describe as "inactive". Hey, orientation is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable period of JC life (well, at least in Singapore, I understand that those in Brunei are absolutely boring rite?), and most of them either skip school (I am referring to the junior scholars here) or went for orientation but just stand aside watching. To tell the truth, the student councillors who organized the event were not exactly helping either as they just leave this group of people alone and didnt do anyhing to engage them in the activities. JC1 Orientation marks the end of the term 1. Normally at this point we would be relieved but not this time since I had only one week to prepare for my Block Test 1, which is in the first week of Term 2. First day of holidays, we all went to NUS Open House under the order of MOE..and ended up with only a quarter of the JC2 scholars attending and another quarter stayed at NUS after the interval (they had programs planned for us and most of us just came back after the first segment to STUDY...=S) The rest of the holidays I spent in the hostel preparing for my exams, I even skipped my H3 Lectures but attended tutorials and practicals. In the end I dont think I am very well prepared, since even with intensive preparations, they somehow came too late and I had to spend some time understanding the concepts first since I havent had time to do so during the term. So feeling pretty worried, I went for my exams. Monday, General Paper. I saw a familiar question..which reminds me strongly of an economics essay. In the end I did it, since I had the points (I prepared for econs examin holidays too) and only upon completion I realized that my essay was slightly "terpesong", meaning I had the points but didnt directly answer the question on a correct manner. Paper 2 was rather okay, although summary was a killer. Overall, well, my GP is still as bad as ever I guess. Tuesday, Maths. The night before I had been very worried about it since I dont think I could do questions on certain topics , even if i can, I did it very slowly. But in the end I think Maths was the subject which I had highest chance in scoring an 'A'. The paper was not tough, not too easy, just the OK type, and I can do most of it. Wednesday, Economics. My teacher actually went through one of the essay questions in the tutorial and I didnt read it properly thinking that it will not come out. In the end it did, and I 勉强 wrote on that topic. I couldnt do one of the questions for the Case Study also. So..I guess this subject is gone too. Thurday, Chemistry. Suppposed to be my best subject but in the end of all the people I knew and asked, NOBODY finished it on time. In addition, I didnt manage to finish MCQ on time either, I tikam 2 questions) I wonder if the time allocation was right, 1.5 hours for four essay questions (as in the 'long' questions) and 3 structured questions. I guess this will give me a low A of a high B... Friday, Physics. Supposed to be my worst subject, especially with the knowledge in mind that it is going to be a very tough paper (according to reliable sources namely teachers). In the end they gave 40 minutes to do MCQ instead if the normal 30, but I actually finished in 30 minutes. *clap clap*. Though there are a few questions which i didnt know how to do. The Structured question wasnt as hard as I imagined it to be but nevertheless it wasnt exactly easy either. And there are a few questions which I do not know how to do. These are basically updates I had...I wonder how all my Brunei friends are doing? It's holidays for you people right, (though it is ending) but did you all have exams after school reopen like me? Hope to hear from u ppl, just leave a comment or tag me k? Hehe * Next post will be up hopefully in 24 hours...coz I am feelin quite sleepy now =p * |