The City That Never Sleeps




Promos Ended

posted : Friday, October 06, 2006
A month long of war, as the Sec 3 Cedar Girls called it, has finally come to the end.
Surprisingly, yesterday I was quite happy while studying for Econs, thinking that it will all be over today, but today, I cant seem to enjoy the lunch or so-called after exam celebrations at Carl's Jr. By the afternoon, my spirits have somehow lifted, and I am able to enjoy the Senior's Farewell organized by the 4 teacher-mentors.
I shouldnt do too bad for my exams, i think.
Let's start wif GP, which was a disaster as usual. The essay, well, I actually had a few choices to choose from(unlike the previous attempt which i only knew how to write one). So I wrote, an essay entitled "The Internet has made teachers redundant. Discuss." I dont think I write as well as Common Test though. I lacked of examples and my conclusion was rather skimpy I would say. A half an hour break and it was on to Paper 2. It doesnt look too bad though, as usual summary and AQ (Application Question) were killers. Actually I initially thought that I didnt do too bad for these two parts, at least I think I can pass both parts, but today I heard from Mrs. New that the average score of the cohort for the AQ was about 1 0r 2 out of 8. Guess I screwed up again. In the end, my target for GP drop from B to a 'C'...
Surprisingly, Chemistry, my favourite subject and the subject I am most confident in, was another disaster. Not so much a disaster though, but I didnt finish the Organic Chem question! Argh! Should have started with it, I knew exactly how to answer them! In the end lost about 12 marks i guess. Not including the parts which I am uncertain. But still, I think I will be able to scrape an 'A' I guess.
Here comes a short intervention: Kah Hou called me that nite. Rather surprised to receive his phone call in the middle of revising Physics. Actually I duno why, but I was half expecting somebody i noe to call me tat nite. Chatted wif him about past memories, current happenings, and even about the future, and agreeing to call him the following day (Stella's Birthday) to give Stella a surprise. Talked for about 40 minutes or so without noticing the time, then his mother intervened because she thought KH shouldnt disturb me since I was preparing for exams. Stayed awake until 12am to sms stella (regrettably I am only the 4th person to wish her happy b'day, i tot i was first). Didnt noe this simple act of mine actually moved her to tears, well, I am quite touched too when i heard of this.
The next morning woke up an hour late than wat I planned..then 10 minutes before heading into the exam hall at 12.20pm, I called KH as planned and well Stella got her surprise, and I really mean surprise. She was so shocked that she was like blabbering something like "I still have blindfolds on". Took me some time b4 i could actually understand wat she wanted to say! Got wishes and encouragement from friends like Kah Hou, JiaXiang, Chun Hong, and Sieng Yen. Thanks guys, it worked. Physics MCQ was a disaster again, didnt finish on time again(they collected the MCQ answer sheet after 30minutes) and simply coloured up to 6 or 7 answers. Section B, at first sight, looked quite terrible and I almost gave up. Then I remembered my friends and a line from Penny Tai's song:
小小的战斗力,可以翻越几个丘?
If I dont have the desire to press on and score better, how am I going to achieve my target? Looking back at the question paper, most questions look more attemptable. In fact the paper wasnt too hard, at least not as hard as Common Test, they were more kind this time. In fact, my friends under Mr. Mannan the HOD od Science Dept. told me the tutors thought that there is no point in testing us on things we do not noe. In the end, I look back at the paper, I can actually get an 'A', provided all the questions I answered were correct. Miraculous huh? However today some of my friends got back their papers and even my room mate Mun Hon who is good in Physics only get a 'B'. I cant help but start thinking: Ok, forget about the 'A', maybe the most I could get is a 'B' and I will be very happy.
Maths turned out to be the paper I am most confident in. Again the questions were not as killing as Common Test. I could do most of them and I think I could get an 'A'.
Econs today was not too good either. With a bit of luck I might got an 'A', if not I would just have to settle for a 'B'.
Overall, i think I might be able to retain my Common Test results, if not better. Who knows, with a bit of luck, I might get 4 'A's for PCME! That will be my dream come true.
Going to enjoy a bit tomorrow, with the class, and then buying some stuff for MRL on Sunday with my fellow librarians, and it is back to school for the three marking days. These are the days where there will be no lessons for JC1s, but teachers will sit down to mark the exam scripts and students will be involved in a range of different programmes, not to mention PW datelines are coming up also.
For now, time to relax...

| 2 comments

Newer›  ‹Older