|
Promos coming up
posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2006
It seemed that Common Test only ended yesterday. And, looking at Mr. Mannan's announcement on the television messaging board in SAJC, I suddenly realised that Promos is only 6 days away.
25 Sept: H1 General Paper 1 & 2 3 Oct: H2 Chemistry 4 Oct: H2 Physics 5 Oct: H2 Maths 6 Oct: H1 Economics So actually I have a bit of break after GP..1 week to be exact..to prepare for PCME. Have to constantly remind myself that Promos is the deciding factor for continual of the scholarships..so have to do well. When you look around the hostel, even those who are always slacking and not doing work have settled down and study, it gives you a bit of pressure. Especially my room mates have been studying (well, they always do), makes me panic because I have not really studied well. I find it a bit irritable because my study timetable, which i have so carefully planned during the holidays, have been disrupted by a number of events. First of all, CCAs which are supposed to stop already have not stopped entirely. For instance, we still have to do morning duties for AVA (playing national anthem etc.), and I just found out that my AVA group has been tasked to do duty for the South Zone Colours Awards..(dun ask me wat it is, i m nt too sure) on Friday. On the same day there is a BBQ nite in the hostel..something like a farewell for the JC2s and Sec 4 students..before they settle down and prepare for their 'O' and 'A' Levels respectively. Next, the Crystal Growing Competition, my team's crystal had been selected to participate in the competition, thus we have to go to NUS on Thursday to set up the booth, and attend the prize giving on Saturday morning. Finally there are all sorts of make up lessons, I guessed this is the only thing I really dun mind. Currently I have a new strategy: due to the fact that I always come home late and didnt get a chance to nap, I will do my work until 10pm, then go to sleep, wake up at 4am where everyvody else is sleeping to study, to prevent distractions. On the other hand, I find that studying outside the room, in the small huts is another good way of preventing distractions. This way, i cant reach my laptop, which is in fact the largest source of distraction. I really hope I can do well for my Promos...Well my Common Test grades is normally not the way I performed, but again, what can you expect? Though I agree I could do better..so my new target is to maintain an 'A' in Chem n Maths, and a 'B' in GP, and at least a 'B' in Physics and Econs. |