The City That Never Sleeps




A bit of this and that

posted : Friday, September 01, 2006
(The topic was quited from Stella's space)
1 month didnt update oledi..I have so much to say.
First of all, Happy Birthday to JiaXiang..Sorry I forgot all about it until around 11.30pm..I checked my mail and suddenly saw a friendster birthday reminder..so sorry. Did u have fun?
In short..I have been very busy this month..always have lots to say but never had time to post anything. How shud I begin?
I just write whatever that come across my mind.
Last Tuesday, the MOE organized something called "Me and My Local Friend Day"..an all expenses-paid trip to Sentosa. All foreigners in the school can ask a LOCAL friend to go..my class ended up as the whole class going as there were 12 foreigners and 9 locals. However not everything is free though. (Apologies, i wrote an expenses paid trip just now). They paid for lunch, and trips to Fort Siloso, The Merlion, Images of Singapore and The Sentosa Luge. Quite fun, I would say. Though i got a real shock in Images of Singapore. There were was figurines all around..then there was one which i thought looked immensely lifelike. Then my friend who entered the room before me and was standing beside the "figurine" told me it is real. I actually dont believe and went forward in an attempt to touch it. Then when i was about to touch it..he suddenly stuck out his hand and said "I am real.."I had an impression that a wax figurine came alive and actually jumped and squealed in shock. Goodness, I must have staged a scene. But overall I liked the Luge the best...u go down a slope in some sort of vehicle(u drive) and then when u reached the bottom..u have chair to lift u up.. like this...i am not in the pic though..coz i am the photographer haha.

Anyway..had Econs common test..somewhere in mid-august and i got back the results..so surprising that I actually got highest in the class. 32/48..a 'B'. Btwmy promos are coming...I better not screwed up this exam coz it is the determining factor of whether we are going to stay or not..better start studying this holidays..but at least have a few days of break first..hehe..therefore i am going out wif val n eng aik tomolo...start studying on monday.
Well my life hasnt changed much though. Project Work is still dumb to me, at this time I had completed my first drafts of EoM(Evaluation of Material) and I&R (Insights &Reflections), and also my group has done the 2nd draft of WR (Written Report). Perhaps PW is not as dumb as it used to be, coz our 2nd draft of WR got praised by the teacher and this might have boosted our confidence. Haha..But term 4 will be a tough one...i guessed i just briefly tell u all about my general schedule..
week 1- WR 3rd draft
week 2- FINAL EoM
week 3 &4 - Promos
After Promos I should be free rite? WRONG!
week 5- WR 4th draft
week 6 - FINAL WR(for ur info, WR is actually the most important part of PW)
week 7-10 OP(Oral Presentation Dry runs, rehearsals and actual OP)
Not to mention a bunch of other activities in between. Namely, CCAs.
MRL(Media Resource Library) - SAJC Open House, Current Affairs Quiz
AVA - Coverage of other events, SAJC Open House, School Video Awards
Hectic huh. But I dun mind the work, come to think of it. Though i kept on complaining that I am busy, but in the end I find this activities enriching. Perhaps it is because I never tried this before?
By the way...I officially failed my NAPFA test..actually the only part i failed is chin-ups (I even passed 2.4km run)..but according to the rules when u failed one, u failed the whole thing. But anyway no big deal. Scholars dun reli need to pass, actually if the local boys failed they have six extra months of NS(National Service). Which reminds me..I got selected for Khidmat Negara in Malaysia..So did Val...but Stella 'escaped unhurt'...sad..but anyway i am going to postpone it and hopefully they will forget about it, just like what they did to one of my friends.
Oh before I forgot..on wednesday nite, 30 august..we had JTS(Junior treat seniors) at Marina Bay..steamboat. It is more a grilling and BBQ session though. Reminds me of the shop which i went to in KL last december. Had fun with the seniors though we had to pay $19 each. Initially we planned to go Seoul Garden, but it is too expensive as we had to pay $23..that is with the seniors paying $6 each as well.
Then when we came back..we showered and went out to the cafe to celebrate National Day! I must confess, though I am a Malaysian I never celebrated Malaysian National Day. We watched RTM1 as we count down, sang the national anthem which is surprisingly SLOWER than usual, then sang a series of songs like Jalur Gemilang, Keranamu Malaysia and so on, which i noe the tune but duno the lyrics..and end with the ikrar..which i didnt even noe existed. Never felt the feeling of patriotism within me until tat day...~_~. but we do make sure we are not too exuberant, though most people have got over the loss of a friend, but there remained a few who are yet to do so.
Yesterday was Teacher's Day, the student council planned their first ever event, the teacher's day concert, which was overall quite good except for a few blunders from the emcees, who were practically reading from a piece of paper..blundering to an extent that one of them actually read the wrong line and said 'My name is Charlene" whereas her name is actually Melody. And of course everyone had a good laugh about it.

| 0 comments

Newer›  ‹Older