|
Be strong...
posted : Friday, September 01, 2006
I guessed everybody in the hostel, all other scholars in Singapore, and majority of the Saints shud have known this by now..but please..if there is a need for u to de-stress, by all means go ahead and do whatever u want...be it skip a day of school to enjoy the peace in the hostel when everybody is at school, or cry, or confide to someone, or even writing blogs..
Is it reli stress which took away his life? Though he showed no obvious signs of stressed (I mean, chatting wif us happily, smiling and stuff like that), but judging by the fact that he jumped from 30th floor, he must be reli determined to end his life. Very foolish(I can't help saying this), but, what has happened has already happened, there is no way we can undo it. I can still remember...Nithya went back to the hostel early coz she had an appointment wif her doctor..and bumped into him at the entrance at around 1pm..he claimed that he was in a HURRY. He must have sat at the top..thinking for quite some time b4 jumping..coz according to the police he jumped at around 3pm. Which led me to think: If someone found him at this period, or called him to talk to him, would everything change? After skul at 5.15pm, Xin Lin, Hui Kee and I went to buy teacher's day cards..then when we came back we walked pass that area..we smelled something weird..din noe wat izit at tat time but we noe wat is it now..dun wish to elaborate.. At nite we all noe somebody jumped..but din noe it was from our hostel...next morning suddenly gt announcement asking all scholars to meet..then thet the deputy principal broke this piece of news to us..all of a sudden everyone was shocked, started shedding tears and some wailed..even the DP and the teachers were crying..on the other hand the pricipal spoke to his classmates..while another DP spoke to his CCA friends... That day we were free to do anything, including not attending classes. For some this has affected the Maths lecture test we had that day. That nite, we put aside any homework we had, sat down to fold paper cranes..999 of them…and passed it to the teachers to give it to his family..depending on them what they want to do with it.. I find it reli hard to believe, I kept on thinking: How can this be? One week ago during the Sentosa trip he was telling me maybe I could bring him there next time(He missed the trip because he was sick). Today, he will be incarnated in Cambodia at 2pm. My main point is not the story though, what I wanted to say is in the first paragraph. And I cant stress this point enough. Please, don’t try to keep everything in your heart thinking u can solve it. We are not perfect, we cant do everything alone. Sometimes we need a pair of listening ears, sometimes we need a warm shoulder, in other words we all need friends. Even if u have friends, please dun treat them as those type of hello-bye friend. They are here to help u, 在家靠父母,出外靠朋友. And what about ur family? They are there for u too. Rest in peace, Chhay. |