|
School Reopens
posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2006
So, school had finally reopened...
Which signals only one thing: COMMON TEST Which is something I find myself not thoroughly studied for. I am really worried...dunno how many times I have to emphasize this. The only subject that I feel a little bit confident is Chemistry, as usual, but heard news today at school from my tutor: The paper is not going to be easy. Same thing goes to Physics, which is supposed to be "three times harder than the tutorials" and "so hard that I can't do some of the questions" [quote Mr. LWT, my Physics tutor]. Well?? Another reason why I am so worried..is that my scholarships can be terminated if I don't do well in Common Test and the Promotional Exams. It goes like this: the minimum requirement is at least 3 C's for the 3 H2 subjects. If u don't perform well in CT, well, they give u another chance. If u don't perform well in Promos, they put u on probation. In JC2, if u dun do well in Block Test 1 (March), u are out. And that is what happened to two of our seniors...(Good news is, if you manage to do well in Promos, then you are safe to the end of next year). Looking at myself, I think I might be able to get an A in both Maths and Chemistry (hopefully, since an 'A' is 7o and above or was it 75?), and the only thing I am worried about is the "very hard" Physics. Not to mention GP, of course..where I estimated myself to be around B4 at the moment. Well..school actually started yesterday, but since I didn't have the Mother Tongue Exam, I stayed at home. And today, I went to school, saw familiar faces around, and the first thing that happened in the morning was the cancellation of assembly(since the sound system either malfunctioned or the my fellow JC1 AVA members screw it up). Followed my Maths tutorial, my civics tutor Mrs. CYY gave us a pep talk..telling us of her expectations of us and a few other admin matters, in which I found out that I am nominated to represent my class in the CCA Student Leaders Retreat as the class rep of my class..it is just a day event where class reps of all JC1 classes, representatives from each CCA met up for some seminar-like thing...then I had a 1 a/2 hour break in which I stayed in the library, hoping to complete my Physics tutorial on circular motion, but end up doing nothing but reading newspapers after staring at the questions for some time. Next up is Maths Lecture in the CC, we had differentiation today, another 1/2 hour break followed by a 1.5 hour boring Physics tutorial. And this week there wouldnt be any lectures or tutorials for H1 subjects, so I am able to skip Econs Lecture and go home... And there is a new system implemented in our school! It is the biometric fingerprint registration(I dunno if i got the spelling right), which is basically just attendance marking, not by teachers, but by just registering our fingerprint on the devices located on the school entrances! Kind of cool, huh, it saves the work of teachers but I think the ponteng rate will be higher..cause the students may just turn up, register their fingerprint and leave...well, i duno. |